Do you experience headaches or migraines? You’re not alone – millions of Americans are right there with you. Acupuncture is just one of the various treatment methods we offer at United Chiropractic Health Center to help relieve this suffering. Learn more about acupuncture for headaches and migraines below.
Understanding Headaches and Migraines
Many people experience headaches and migraines, but most don’t understand why. In many cases, it’s due to a disruption somewhere along the neuromusculoskeletal system. For example, muscle tension in the neck and shoulders can lead to a headache. Or a compressed nerve in the neck can cause a migraine.
Both muscle tension and compressed nerves – as well as many other issues along the spinal column – can both be caused by and cause other issues. For instance, misalignment can lead to a pinched nerve, while tension can slow blood flow and lead to more tension.
To simplify, every component of the spinal column must be functioning properly to prevent headaches and migraines that are due to spinal column issues. You must dig into the root to address the pain.
Acupuncture As a Migraine and Headache Treatment
Acupuncture is an ancient method of care that can work wonders throughout the body – specifically in the neuromusculoskeletal system. For headaches, it can provide the following and more:
- Reduce tension and relax muscles, clearing up obstructions and helping to relieve nerve compression
- Promote the flow of blood and endorphins, which not only help in recovery but also naturally reduce your pain
- Enhance health and wellness while reducing stress
These benefits alone can help eliminate or reduce headaches and migraines.
Combining Acupuncture With Chiropractic Care
Acupuncture is effective, but combining it with other chiropractic methods can provide phenomenal results. Imagine that the cause of your headaches is a compressed nerve in the neck. Your treatment might look something like this:
- Acupuncture can help reduce the tension in the neck and promote blood flow.
- Adjustments can restore proper alignment to the neck, which will further help reduce compression on the nerve.
- Massage therapy can then further reduce tension and enhance blood flow.
- Corrective exercises can stretch and strengthen the neck, helping you avoid pain in the future.
This is just an example, as everyone’s treatment will look different. However, you can see from this example how each technique can enhance the results of the previous one.
Visit Your Ontario CA Chiropractor for Migraine and Headache Treatment
Don’t put up with headaches and migraines when you have the power to stop them. Schedule your chiropractic care and acupuncture appointment with our team at United Chiropractic Health Center by calling (909) 984-2765 today.