Dealing with a sports injury is never easy, and we at United Chiropractic Health Center in Ontario, CA, understand that. We offer sports injury treatment for those suffering from any type of injury, whether it’s a pulled muscle or something more serious. Our chiropractors will develop a personalized treatment plan to help you recover as quickly and safely as possible so you can get back to doing what you love.
What Is a Common Sports Injury?
There are a number of different types of sports injuries, but some of the most common include:
- Sprains and strains: These are the most common type of sports injury and usually occur when a ligament or muscle is injured.
- Achilles tendonitis: This is an inflammation of the Achilles tendon, which is the large tendon that connects the calf muscle to the heel bone.
- Shin splints: This is a term used to describe pain in the lower leg, typically around the shinbone. Shin splints are often caused by overuse or repetitive stress on the shinbone and soft tissue surrounding it.
- Muscle tears: A muscle tear is a partial or complete rupture of a muscle. Muscle tears can range from a minor injury that heals quickly to a more serious injury.
What Are the Symptoms of a Sports Injury?
The symptoms of a sports injury will depend on the type and severity of the injury. Some common symptoms include:
- Limping or difficulty walking
- Joint stiffness
- Muscle weakness
Sport Injury Treatment
It is usually a good idea to try and tough out a sports injury, especially if the pain does not go away. Not only will this delay your healing, but it could also make the injury worse. Treatment for a sports injury with a chiropractor on our team typically includes:
- Rest: This is important to allow your body time to heal. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may need to take a few days off from exercise or reduce your activity level.
- Exercise: Once your pain has decreased, a chiropractor on our team may recommend exercises to help stretch and strengthen the muscles and joints around the injury.
- Manual therapy: This may include massage, joint mobilization, or other hands-on techniques to help reduce pain and promote healing.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments can help reduce pain and improve joint function.
Take Time to Heal from Your Sport Injury with Us at United Chiropractic Health Center
If you’re dealing with a sports injury, don’t wait to seek treatment. Call us at (909) 984-2765 for United Chiropractic Health Center in Ontario, CA, to schedule an appointment. We will develop a personalized sport injury treatment plan to help you recover so you can get back to doing what you love. If you have sprains and strains, we are here to help.